Purchasing this particular product will make it very convenient for you to breastfeed in public discreetly.
1. Use A Nursing Cover. One of the simplest solutions to discreet nursing is a nursing cover with a wire top. Put the cover on apron-style, and the opening at the top enables you to see your baby without covering her head. Bebe Au Lait makes adorable covers, including some in lightweight muslin to help keep baby comfy while feeding. If you prefer a cover that looks more like clothing, Serephine makes a pretty nursing shawl with side snaps that allows nursing to be fashionable. Both covers can also work overtime as blankets or infant seat covers. Source: huffingtonpost.com
Using a nursing cover is the subtlest way to breastfeed in public. It’s also pretty easy to use it. According to madeformums.com, you can:
Make feeding in public embarrassment-free with a discreet and comfy cover …
Whether you call it a nursing cover or a breastfeeding cover, it aims to do one critical job. Madeformums.com explains:
Breastfeeding cover, nursing shawl, even hooter hider. Whatever you choose to call it, they all have one important job – to help keep your privacy if you want to breastfeed but are worried about being exposed in any way.
If by any chance someone still confronts you about breastfeeding in public in spite of being discreet about it, the fine folks at womenshealth.gov and La Leche League International suggests the following ways to respond:
- Ignore the comment or change the subject.
- Share information on breastfeeding with the other person.
- Make a joke about the situation or yourself to lighten the mood.
- Show that you are recognizing the person’s viewpoint by asking further questions without agreeing or responding to the criticism.
- Be empathetic — show that you understand the other person’s feeling and meaning.
So there you have it, the 8 helpful tips to breastfeed in public in a low-key way. It’s worth mentioning again that breastfeeding in private or in public is your right. No one can deny that.
Choosing to breastfeed in public discreetly is your own personal choice to avoid too much attention. Should you deicide to take path, the above mentioned tips can definitely help out.
Would you consider doing any of these when you breastfeed in public?