Here are the 10 competing thoughts that run through a mom’s mind on the last day of school.
1. We never have to leave the house if we don’t want to!
2. On the other hand … we never have to leave the house if we don’t want to.
3. Swimsuits count as “getting them dressed,” right?
4. Oh, crap, sunscreen. Every day.
5. Later, homework! It’s time for the school of Netflix.
6. And, so long, bath time! We’re going to the pool three times a week!
7. There is no downside to the chlorine clean.
8. And just think: I don’t have to make a single ham and cheese sandwich with the crusts cut off for 12 whole weeks!
9. Wait a second … 12 weeks?! That’s three months … Eighty-four days. I’m not even going to do the math on how many hours that is because I don’t have time for a panic attack right now.
10. We’re definitely going to need some ice cream to get through this.
You’re probably getting the same thoughts right now as well. And while # 8 can really make you happy, #9 can really freak you out. 12 weeks? That’s a long time to have the kids around 24/7. It’s time to call the babysitter.
If you want to know more about these competing thoughts, you can check out the article by Meredith Bland on thestir.cafemom.com. She surely was able to put down to words the thoughts that run through a mom’s head on the last day of school.
So which of these thoughts are running through your head right now?